CASJ SYRINGE EXCHANGE
Syringe Exchange Programs provide sterile syringes to people who inject drugs. Consistently using a new sterile syringe for every injection is the best way to prevent being infected by or transmitting HIV, Hepatitis C, and other blood borne diseases. HIV and Hepatitis C can also be transmitted by sharing cookers, cottons, and other injection equipment. Even re-using your own needle multiple times can lead to abscesses, unnecessary scarring, and blown veins.
Take care of yourself and your friends by being safe!
Discard your used syringes safely by using one of these containers or other puncture-resistant container (like an empty laundry detergent or bleach bottle) that is clearly labeled “Contains sharps.”
- Obtain FREE sterile syringes and safer injection supplies;
- Dispose of used syringes safely; and
- Learn more about how to reduce your risk of being infected by HIV or Hepatitis C
HOW IT WORKS
1. Call (866-599-7260), Text (631-352-2263), or Email (email@example.com) us.
2. We will ask you a few questions to determine the type and quantity of syringes you need.
3. We will meet with you at a time and location convenient for you. We usually go to participants’ homes, but we can meet wherever you are most comfortable.
4. Enrollment will take at least 20 minutes and includes:
– Establishing anonymous ID code and issuing program card (demonstrates that you can legally possess new and used syringes);
– Brief risk assessment and education;
– Overdose prevention training and naloxone (Narcan); and
– Provision of syringes, safer injection supplies, sharps containers, and condoms.
5. If you would like any additional services (HIV/hepatitis C/STI testing, detox, treatment, medical or mental health care, insurance enrollment, etc), we can provide resources, referrals, and transportation.
Provision of syringes, safer injection supplies, sharps containers, and condoms.
See supplies brochure here.